Friday, October 30, 2009

Coming Back

Well, I haven’t written in a while and it’s mostly because I’m extremely busy (which is not always bad) but also because I have been stumped on what to write about. You know our business is about saving time, so I’ve decided that the best way to gear this blog is to inform readers on ways to create more of what we crave…time!

The first time saving idea we actually explored a little already: keeping an agenda. Many people tend to spend 80% of their precious time trying to complete only 20% of their tasks! Now, with that statistic in mind, don’t you think you could find at least 10 minutes a day to be better organized?

Last time I spoke of an agenda I said it doesn’t matter what it looks like as long as it works. I have realized since then that my agenda is not serving me as well as it could be since my daily tasks have been expanded to include our business. I am too frugal to stop using the one I have and buy another just to use for another two months, so the one I have will just have to make it to January first. I have already purchased a new one for the year and can’t wait to use it! It cost $15 but it was worth every penny. It has exactly what I need: a column for tasks that need to get done and one for appointments/scheduled events. This is more that I would normally pay but I found the case to put it in for FREE at a garage sale and only had to buy the filler!

This may not be what you need, but you definitely need to find what will work and get to it. Now, here comes the harsh lesson…even though you plan out your entire day and you are feeling proud of yourself life happens and you don’t get it all done. Don’t fret and definitely don’t give up on the agenda and call it useless. Just take your unfinished tasks and move them to the next day. No guilt, no ulcer, no problem. How can you avoid this? Plan for some free time in your day! This allows for emergencies and interruptions. If those emergencies or interruptions don’t happen you actually end up with free time in your day or you can get a jump on the next day. I don’t know about you but I could use more breaks in my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment